Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"The Eye" - as in, Eye know this is gonna suck eggs

The Eye, a 2002 Hong Kong horror film, was very decent. Fun to watch, mildly scary, and ultimately unambitious. Unfortunately, it is also Asian and successful, which means it was only a matter of time before it was remade.

With Jessica Alba. Or more importantly, her tits.



Now it's time to play a game of "What's Sadder?"

1) They're remaking The Eye
2) They're remaking The Eye with Jessica Alba in it
3) They're remaking The Eye with Jessica Alba in it and they used Blaqk Audio, Davey Havok's God-awful industrial techno project, in the trailer
4) They're remaking The Eye with Jessica Alba in it and they used Blaqk Audio, Davey Havok's God-awful industrial techno project, in the trailer, and I recognized it without having to look it up
5) The fact that all of these aspects have already aligned to seal the movie's fate

Me, I pick "all of the above."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This blog is getting a little bitter. First Dane Cook now The Eye. come on write about something I don't want to avoid.

Anonymous said...

Oh god. I love you, Drew.

You remind me of Michael K, except since I know you it makes it ten times more wonderful

<3 Nancy

Gorbe Kure said...

here's what's sad to me.

1. I want to see that movie.
2. I want to see that movie and I fucking hate Jessica Alba.
3. I want to see that movie and I fucking hate Jessica Alba but I like AFI.
4. Yeah, I said it. I like AFI.